BMC Helix Monitor is the next evolution in BMC’s monitoring and event management solutions, combining proven ITOM capabilities with a modern, cloud-native architecture to ensure ease of use, high performance, and exceptional time to value.
- SaaS solution for monitoring and event management across on-prem, multi-cloud, and container environments with a customizable user experience.
- Containerized microservices architecture provides elastic scalability and enterprise-grade high availability and performance.
- High-performance ITOM data lake for large scale operational data analytics supported by a Cassandra and Elasticsearch backend.
Enhancements to visibility into hardware, software, and service dependencies across environments.
- Discover z/OS Mainframe dependencies.
- Cisco ACI software defined network infrastructure model added to Technology Knowledge Update (TKU).
Enhancements give further intelligence to service and operations management, along with tools to measure service and operational metrics.
- Enhanced cognitive automation between service desk and operational security for faster management and resolution of events.
- Intelligent DevOps change request creation with automatic sync updates to help accelerate speed and quality of deployments.
- Augmented reports to identify automated work along with manual, and templates to measure automation initiative metrics.
Enhancements to automate cloud and on-prem server security and improve discovery and management of vulnerabilities.
- Identifies cloud server instances and installs the TrueSight Automation for Servers agent to provide a single solution for automated on-premises and cloud server security and compliance.
- Integrations provide blind spot detection and closed-loop change and configuration management.
- Uses vulnerability noise reduction to remove vulnerabilities from scanner data that have already been, or are planned to be, remediated, for greater speed and ease of use.
Enhancements to cost visibility, customization, and resource analysis.
- Cost visibility for private clouds: Gain visibility into your private cloud costs, allowing budget and project owners to see both public and private cloud resource cost in a single view.
- Customized cost of services: Apply discounts to the cost of cloud services to reflect the true cost of services to the organization.
- Deeper insights: Extended 24-month analysis period that now includes integration with Cloud Foundry and Nutanix Acropolis data collection for planning and identifying resource constraints that could impact your business.
Enhancements to continue driving unrivaled customer and employee experiences alike.
- External users: Go beyond the walls of your organization and expose BMC Helix Digital Workplace to your customers.
- Super admin for multi-tenancy: Empower super admins with access to multiple tenants from a single pane of glass.
- Improved UX: Multiple enhancements to improve user experience include improvements to banners, categories, bundles, and localized knowledge search results.
Enhancements to extend cognitive search capabilities, provide informative dashboards, and support ease of use.
- Cognitive search crawler: An out-of-the-box crawler to include articles from BMC Knowledge Management.
- Out-of-the-box dashboard: To measure the overall performance, effectiveness, and return on investment of BMC Helix Chatbot.
- Chat enhancements for ease of use: End users can access chat transcripts and send and receive attachments across all channels.
Enhancements focused on delivering streamlined workflow automation for the enterprise.
- Integration with phone systems: Computer-telephony integration is now possible, allowing for further coordination and automation for agents.
- Emails on task level: Agents with task-only access can now communicate with the requester via email.
- Auto-resolve of cases: Organizations can now selectively control which cases get auto resolved, eliminating an additional manual step for agents.
New capabilities in cognitive knowledge search and overall developer improvements.
- New cognitive search helps with migration from Remedy to BMC Helix ITSM by crawling and selecting the right articles from Remedy Knowledge Management and including them in search results.
- Improved foundation data by using the data wizard for more control and customization capabilities for new services and apps.