BMC Helix Discovery Starter Service
The BMC Helix Discovery Starter Service configures BMC Helix Discovery to discover up to 200 endpoints including Operating System Instances (OSI)*, network devices, or storage devices, and configures discovery of one supported cloud provider. This service also configures and synchronizes discovered data with the BMC Helix Configuration Management Database (CMDB) or ServiceNow CMDB.
What you get:
BMC will perform the following:
- Conduct a workshop to provide Customer with an overview of BMC Helix Discovery
- Provide Solution Design Document
- Prepare Construction Document
- Configure initial user setup in BMC Helix Discovery
- Install up to three BMC Discovery Outposts* in Customer environment
- Register BMC Discovery Outposts with BMC Helix Discovery
- Configure credentials in BMC Discovery Outposts
- Perform scan of up to 200 endpoints which may include OSIs (Unix, Windows, vCenter/ESXi), network or storage devices.
- Configure credentials and perform scan of one of the following cloud providers:
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform
- IBM Cloud
- Configure BMC Helix Discovery in two environments: Development and Production
- Configure CMDB synchronization with BMC Helix CMDB or ServiceNow CMDB in BMC Helix Discovery
Customer will be responsible for:
- Providing Windows servers for BMC Discovery Outposts installation
- Ensuring HTTPS port 443 is open from BMC Discovery Outposts to BMC Helix Discovery
- Ensuring required ports are open from BMC Discovery Outposts to the target devices to be scanned
- Ensuring discovery credentials have required permissions to perform the scan
- Conduct functional testing and validate discovered data
Deliverables: Using BMC’s standard methodology and templates, the following Deliverables are in scope for this project and will be delivered:
- Solution Design Document
- Construction Document
Completion Criteria: BMC will have completed these Consulting Services when the in-scope Consulting Services have been completed and the Deliverables have been delivered to the Customer Project Manager.
- Customer must have BMC Helix CMDB or ServiceNow CMDB for the CMDB synchronization
- Estimated Duration: 3 weeks
- In-scope Product: BMC Helix Discovery
- Service Type: Deployment
- Availability: Active
- Success Service Code: DISC_STRT_001
- Date Last Updated: 07/12/2021
BMC Discovery Outpost: BMC Discovery Outpost is application software that runs on a dedicated Windows server in the Customer data center or on a public cloud.
OSI (Operating System Instance): A host node that represents a physical or virtual computer system including information about its operating system and its physical or virtual hardware.