BMC Helix CMDB 20.x: Advanced Extending CDM and Asset Attributes (ASP)
BMC Helix CMDB provides a complete, accurate, and up-to-date view of the people, technologies, and services that make up your business and IT environments.
The BMC Helix CMDB 20.x: Advanced Extending CDM and Asset Attributes (ASP) course teaches students about how to work with custom classes and attributes. This two-day course is focused on learning various commonly used scenarios while extending and customizing data. The course covers the methods of creating custom attributes and classes using BMC Helix CMDB – Class Manager and also the methods to create custom fields through AST Forms. The course also contains the methods to prepare, test and publish the Smart Reporting view with the new attributes and classes.
This course combines classroom instruction with laboratory exercises to guide students through the advanced concepts of BMC Helix CMDB. Students will develop skills in developing custom attributes and classes.
BMC Helix CMDB 20.x
Assisted Self Paced (ASP) | 16 heures
Introduction to Custom Classes and Attributes
- Concept of Asset Data and Configuration Data
- Basics of BMC Helix CMDB, BMC Mid Tier (BMC ITSM Suite), BMC Asset Management Console and BMC Smart IT Console
- Difference between Configuration Items and Assets
- Various commonly used scenarios while extending and customizing data
Creating Custom Attributes and Classes Using CMDB – Class Manager
- Creating custom attribute
- Creating custom class
Creating Custom Fields through AST Forms
- Introduction to Create Custom Fields through AST Forms
- Creating a Custom Field to the TypeSpecific Area of Asset View
- Creating a Custom Field to the Generic Area of Asset View
Exposing New CDM and AST:Attributes in Smart Reporting
- Introduction to BMC Remedy Smart Reporting and its features
- Editing the Asset Management View in the Smart Reporting
- Adding the new custom AST Table to an OOTB Smart Reporting View
- Preparing, testing, and publishing the Smart Reporting view with the new attributes and classes