The Ministério da Educaçāo oversees Brazil’s national education policy, from early childhood education through university studies. In recent years, the ministry’s IT organization has gone digital, offering the country’s six million students easy online access to book orders, national testing registration, university applications, scholarship requests, and more. IT needed an integrated, holistic approach to monitoring infrastructure health, managing IT assets, and enabling the service desk to meet service level agreements.
With advanced analytics, machine learning, and other leading-edge capabilities, TrueSight, Remedy, BMC Helix Digital Workplace, BMC Discovery, and the BMC Helix Configuration Management Database (CMDB) are accelerating the ministry’s digital transformation.
The BMC solutions speed event detection and root cause analysis and bring intelligence and automation to service desk functions. The result: reliable operation of critical systems, even during peak times when the number of concurrent users can reach 80,000 or more.
- Root cause analysis for major infrastructure events dropped from between 8 and 12 hours to four hours max.
- 90% of incidents/requests are submitted via BMC Digital Workplace compared with 80% being reported by phone/email previously.
- Change approvals now take two hours instead of two days due to built-in intelligence and greater mobility.
- The staff now discovers data about every asset in the environment and stores it in the CMDB, which provides information needed to speed mean time to resolution.
- Six service maps of 100+ configuration items each provide robust insight into the status of critical applications.
“BMC’s focus on AIOps and cognitive service management allows us to make sure that our infrastructure and applications remain healthy so we can achieve our mission of preparing Brazil’s students for success in an increasingly digital world.”— Diego Nobre, ITSM Support Manager, Ministério da Educaçāo