China Pacific Insurance (Group) Co., Ltd. (CPIC) serves 80 million customers with its diversified portfolio of life and property insurance products and services. To meet priorities and SLAs for its growing business, IT needed to transform its approach to system monitoring and management. This involved reengineering monitoring and management methodologies, aligning the service desk with ITIL® guidelines, and taking a more intelligent and proactive service management approach based on business needs.
China Pacific worked closely with BMC to align its IT service management (ITSM) and monitoring processes with business needs from the infrastructure level to the service desk, a strategy supported by TrueSight Operations Management (formerly ProactiveNet Performance Management), BMC Impact and Event Management, and Remedy Service Management Suite..
BMC solutions have helped CPIC’s IT group become a business-oriented organization that manages system operations based on business priorities. IT now proactively monitors and manages the entire IT environment—including system infrastructure and application-level transactions—from a single unified platform.
- Centralized monitoring eliminates firefighting by automatically keeping tabs on 1,500 core systems, databases, middleware, and applications.
- Process standardization and centralized management have increased efficiency, cut costs, and boosted overall performance.
- Integrated BMC solutions have reduced the number of management platforms from 6 to 1, simplifying management and reducing costs.
- The number of incidents and mean-time-to-repair (MTTR) have both dropped by 50 percent.
- Average incident response time dropped from 300 to 30 seconds.
“By adopting BMC solutions our IT has become more business oriented. This has helped IT managers address problems in line with our business priorities and has ensured that our IT investments are supporting our business goals.”— Cai Jian, Head of Monitoring Department, China Pacific