BMC demonstrates its commitment to corporate social responsibility with actions that directly affect the people and communities in which we live and work. With investments of volunteer time, giving, and building partnerships in our community, we empower our employees to make a real difference through BMC Cares.
Strategic Focus of BMC Cares
BMC is active in supporting charitable programs and humanitarian efforts, as well as establishing sustainable projects globally with a specific emphasis on these four areas:
- Health and Wellness
- Education and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Social and Community Enrichment
"I really appreciate the urgent help you provided me and my family during such a difficult time period.” — Recipient, Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund
BMC employees sorting and packing foods at a local foodbank
At BMC our core values drive a desire to give back to the community through volunteer efforts. We provide employees the ability to take paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO) to participate with organizations in hands-on activities that make a difference in people’s lives. Here’s how some of that time and effort was spent:
- 38,500 meals packed for the Rise Against Hunger international relief organization
- 6000 hygiene kits packed for Clean the World and Project 150
- 204 units of blood donated in Pune, India
- 100 bicycles built in Houston
Have a volunteer opportunity? Contact BMC_Cares@bmc.com ›
BMC has an integrated approach to environmental management that has resulted in accreditation by the International Standard Organization for ISO 14001:2015. Our Environmental Policy reflects our commitment to continually improving our performance by setting annual targets, reviewing our objectives, and measuring progress via formal audits. Recent successes include:
- Global reduction in printing volumes
- Reduction in Kwh electricity usage globally
- Monitoring and reporting of flight usage
- Proactive procurement of supplies, services, and equipment manufactured or produced from sustainable sources or from providers that are committed to environmental protection
Israeli site volunteers at a nature preserve and geological park
We value the unique strengths of people from diverse backgrounds
BMC fosters a diverse and inclusive environment because we believe hiring people from diverse backgrounds helps to strengthen the skill set of the entire company. We also create strategic alliances with organizations that can help contribute to their success.
- In the workplace: As an Equal Opportunity Employer we work to enable all employees to realize their potential including support through Employee Resources Groups (ERGs) such as Women in Technology & Business, and Veterans.
- In the community: BMC employees support numerous local charitable programs and humanitarian activities as well as programs that support diversity in social services, wellness, and higher education.
- Business-to-business: As a global business, we are proud to engage in business relationships with minority-owned, women-owned, and veteran-owned companies through the Supplier Diversity Program.
Questions? Contact Diversity@BMC.com ›
"Dan Streetman, Bill Miller, and the entire leadership team at BMC have shown their commitment to BreakLine by hiring five veterans from the program in a little over a year. I chose BMC because I wanted to learn from a veteran business leader like Dan who recognized my potential and gave me the opportunity to make a difference right away." — Ben Stein, BreakLine Alumnus, BMC Sales Operations Analyst